Your Crazy College Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for college kids of all kinds who have way too much going on! A place to talk, have fun, make friends, share advice about everything and anything!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tips and tricks for saving money

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deadcoconut
Admin
Deadcoconut

Tips and tricks for saving money Empty
PostSubject: Tips and tricks for saving money   Tips and tricks for saving money EmptyMarch 25th 2011, 12:30 am

Well, there's a lot you can do to save money.
Where to start?

One important thing when you are so tight on money is to watch out for credit cards. It's really easy to just use plastic and get into dept.
Use debit or cash, that way you don't spend money you don't have and you can see more where, how and how much you spend.

Honestly, I think the majority of us don't use cable enough to pay the outrageous prices they charge.
Want to keep watching your favorite shows? I use netflix mostly, ABC and slashcontrol.
Most TV channels these days have their own websites and upload full episodes the day after they air.

Food. I NEVER buy lunch. I pack my lunch everyday. Yes, it takes time, and it's annoying, but it saves you an AMAZING amount of money. Plus, it's healthier and you have more choices. Also, never buy drinks or water. Buy one nice water bottle and fill it up everyday and refill it wherever you are.
Buy store brands (most of the time). Yes, sometimes it is worth it to buy a real brand because the store brands makes you want to puke! lol. Keep track of sales, buy bulk and stock up on items when they're really cheap.

Bills. Well, turn the lights off whenever you don't use them. Don't let the water run, turn the heat down/off and wear more layers, use more blankets.

Craigslist, Ebay, Amazon among others are great for finding super cheap things. Be careful of scams, and of nasty dirty stuff (bedbugs for example)

Oh and I know you're in college, but you don't NEED alcohol or anything else in that category to survive. Food, that you need. "Extracurricular" activities should be last on your spending list. I know you probably don't want to hear this but it's the truth. Video games, going to the movies, shopping, all the same thing.
I'm not saying never do it, we all need to have some fun once in a while.

When you do go out, always ask if there's a college discount. Many establishments do that so always bring your school ID. Check Groupons (they have a website and apps). Lots of fun things at discounted prices.

This is just the beginning, please add your saving tricks !
Back to top Go down
https://crazycollegelife.board-directory.net

Tips and tricks for saving money
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Crazy College Life :: Money-
Jump to: